Friday, October 18, 2013

I can't believe it's been seven months since I wrote. It's been a busy seven months though and a lot has happened. The main event, of course, was Rebekah & Alex's wedding in July.  What a beautiful day it was and we all felt the sacredness of the occasion.  Here are a few photos to share.





This is the temple in Toronto where they were married.


The bridal party


The whole family





The bride and her big brothers.





With Alex's parents


Mother & daughter (it was so hot & humid that our hair turned to frizz!)


Daddy and his little girl!













Her gown was custom made.  She knew exactly what she wanted.  A very simple and modest dress.  It did have a small train. All the flowers were fresh (the bride and bridesmaid carried clusters of Hydrangea and everyone else wore carnations.  We transported them in coolers with lots of water for the 5 hour drive the day before from Ottawa to Toronto and kept replenishing the water in the hotel rooms!)

I think this event deserves a post of its own, so I will write again tomorrow and bring everyone up to speed.


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth. It really was a beautiful day!

      Delete
  2. Hi Julie, I have seen your photos before of course on Bekah's blog but just to let you know again how beautiful they are! Hope you are keeping well and looking forward to your Maine trip (I am very envious!!), I will email you soon. Much love, Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. Yes, we leave next Saturday (can't wait!). Can you believe I finally posted on my blog?!! I honestly don't know where the time has gone and I just couldn't get myself to sit down and do it before now. I look forward to hearing from you soon.x

      Delete
  3. Your daughter look stunning, I love her simple dress it's beautiful. I can't imagine living so far away from the sea hope you have a wonderful holiday.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah - she is stunning! It was a beautiful day.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely dress. She looks so beautiful So nice to see sleeves and a nice scoop neck. you don't see anything like that in England now. just lovely.

    I don't know where I clicked to come here, but I am pleased I did. I have book marked you. I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you clicked whatever you did too! Thank you for your comments on Rebekah's wedding dress. You don't see wedding dresses like that here either really, but that's why she designed it herself. I hopped over to your blog - where in England do you live that you are expecting 4" of snow next week? Make sure you have a good shovel and have some food on hand (always a good idea in case of emergencies), and then if possible, just stay warm and watch it from inside! I love a good snowstorm and we get our fair share here in Ottawa!

      Delete
    2. If you know England we live bang smack between Cheltenham and Bath. No snow as yet. My food storage will keep us going. We have family in Ottawa,(Barrhaven, Nepean, Kanatta and Orleans. We nearly bought a new house at Chapman Mills...). Ottawa is beautiful. We have stayed many times in the Albert at Bay, in what they call a big suite but in truth it is bigger than my house over here. We normally stay a month or 2 at a time.

      No snow as yet, just sleet. I hope the weather men are just scarring us. England does not cope well at all with snow.

      Delete
    3. Well isn't it a small world?!! We live in Orleans. I was actually born and raised in Manchester and came to Canada in 1977 as an 18 year old. I know the Albert at Bay as we have friends who stay there when they come to Ottawa. We have a food storage, you should check out my more recent posts as I talk about it there. Good to see you back.

      Delete