Friday, April 13, 2012

Okay, so I'll admit it!!


We all tease my husband (who was born in Ottawa) that he is a British wanna-be, as he loves all things English (could that be why he married me?!).  He prefers to call himself an Anglophile!  Well I feel I have a right to my taste for all things British, as it was where I spent the first 16 years of my life.  I love English style and it has gradually taken over our home.  Emma Bridgewater pottery, Burleigh pottery, Cath Kidston etc...you get the drift.  I have never had a problem denying this.  But I am now ready to admit that I am an English snob when it comes to some things.  Now don't get me wrong, we are not talking toffee nosed here.  But I do much prefer English chocolate to Canadian and nobody comes close to writing a mystery like a Brit.  Add to that list, Jane Austen and Rosamunde Pilcher and you just about have perfection!  I like country style decor and I have just found another one to add to my list.  I happen to think that English baby clothes are the cutest.  I mean, just look at these two which arrived from Ebay yesterday.




At 99p each they were a steal.  Even with the postage I couldn't resist. I think little Norah may be adorned with Mothercare outfits!!

So now it's out in the open.....I am a British Snob.  There, I've said it and it's done!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, thank you for the lovely comment on my blog post about family trees. Yes, I do use the family research site you mentionned and I believe if I want to see any of the archived film records I can order them at any LDS church to do more research.I have been doing a little bit of reading up on the Mormon religion because I know family history is so important to you and I think it is wonderful to think that you believe you have to trace as many of your ancestors as possible to meet up in eternal life.I would be thrilled to meet up with all the colourful characters I have found out about in my family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention their fantastic drama's like Dowton Abbey too!

    ReplyDelete