Thursday, February 23, 2012

A life lesson!


Yesterday I said I was thinking about making this bag.  Well after sewing a baby blanket I decided to give it a go.  Very easy to put together but extremely small.  This bag is called a "shopper" in the Cath Kidston book, but I don't think you'd get much shopping in it!  Here is the finished result.


It really is a nice shaped bag and now I have made one, I will enlarge the pattern and make another.  Just to give some perspective on size, look at this...


It is more a little girl's size bag.  I did make the strap a little longer as I thought my daughter might want to use it, but it really is too small.  Oh well, it was a good experience and I look forward to making a larger one.  Kind of like life really, sometimes things don't go as we plan, but all things give us experience.  If we learn from our mistakes then we are moving in the right direction.  We are not perfect and will make mistakes, but thanks to repentance, we can get back on the right track.  What a loving Heavenly Father we have!

8 comments:

  1. Hi,thankyou for popping by my blog and for your lovely comments,your blog is lovely ,i love your bags and of course the gorgeous cath kidston fabricxxxand the crochet blanket its so lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Francine. As you can see, I'm pretty new to this so hope to pick up some tips as I go. I am off out for some groceries but plan on making a hot drink and reading more of your blog, with all its Cath Kidston loveliness this afternoon !

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi julie
    i like your bag and the fabric.pretty blog!!!
    greetings from germany,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Regina. Although I don't speak German, you have some very pretty pictures on your blog! Isn't it fun to just browse other blogs?!

      Delete
  4. Hi, just found your lovely blog. What a cute little bag sham it's so small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame as it's really cute. But I will find a use for it somewhere and make a larger one! Glad that you like my blog. I look forward to visiting yours!

      Delete
  5. Your bag looks lovely. Small is beautiful!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bag is lovely! I found the same with the CK bag I made, the one which came as a kit with one of her books. I do love it though. :)

    ReplyDelete