Sunday, February 5, 2012

First Ta-Dah!!!


I know this looks like a tablecloth, but I had to put in on the table to show the contrast as our carpet is beige.  It's the baby blanket I mentioned in my second post  I started it a few weeks ago and I just finished it tonight.  Obviously I haven't worked on it every day, but I'm pleased that it didn't take that long at all.  I am fairly pleased with the end result although I had to tweak the pattern somewhat.
Here is a little more detail of the shell edging.  I think this will look lovely wrapped around our little grandchild when it makes its earthly debut in a few weeks time!  Can hardly wait.

I am taking a quilting class starting on Friday, so my next project involves the sewing machine.  I am doing an easy quilting project called fun and done which you quilt as you go along.   As I've never attempted quilting before I thought this was the best way!  Rather than a full size quilt, I will make a table runner first and then when I've learned the process I can make a larger item.

Hope all of you in the UK are staying warm.  You've had some really cold weather lately by UK standards.  It all depends on what you're used to doesn't it?  -7 degrees is fairly mild here in Ottawa, but I know in England that is pretty cold.  I am an ex pat myself, so I do understand.  My home town of Manchester is under a weather warning tonight as their snow is going to turn to ice.  boy, do we know about freezing rain here in Ottawa!

Stay warm everyone!

3 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! Wow! I just wanted to also say how much I enjoyed reading your passionate comment on Lynn's blog. I feel the same way as you about full-time homemaking, and am so grateful that I was able to be at home with my children (now almost 22 and 19 years old). YAY for homemaking! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina. I love your "wear your pinny with pride" photo!! Lynn's post just resonated with me and I had to post a comment. I would not give up being at home for anything! I love what I do and feel so blessed to be able to do it. I echo Lynn's comments "I am blessed to have people to make a home for". Isn't that the truth!! Glad to know there are still women out there who feel the same! Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment Sandy! I`m sure if you put your mind to it and had someone walk you through it, you could learn to crochet just like your Mom. It really isn`t too hard and grows very quickly. Happy belated birthday for the 7th. You share your day with a lovely little girl. She has captured our hearts and sometimes I think we are going to kiss her skin right off!!

    ReplyDelete